For experienced moms who want health and happiness for themselves and their baby
Welcome to NayaCare! Our extensive postpartum care for newborns and mothers respects the mother-infant bond and acknowledges the needs of both individuals entering life’s new chapter. Home postpartum care has been shown to increase breast-feeding duration and reduce infant mortality, maternal depression, visits to the emergency room and urgent care, and hospital readmission.
Our postpartum care packages are designed to ease the transition from birth to home. Each package is one month in duration from the time of your baby’s birth. During that month, our pediatricians provide comprehensive medical care (newborn assessment, evaluation, and treatment) in the comfort of your home. All labs are included.
We recognize that not all moms are the same, and we specialize our packages based on your specific needs. For experienced moms who are familiar with breastfeeding, the bronze package offers postpartum care without the additional prenatal class or feeding specialist visit.
We know that the health of both the mom and her baby is important during this period. Each physician home visit also screens for maternal wellness followed by a focused phone call at one month from our counselor. Below is an outline of how the visits are structured. During this one month, NayaCare supports families with unlimited texts and phone calls.*
Payments are due at time of purchase. Health spending accounts are welcome and we also accept Medicaid. Upon request, NayaCare will provide a super bill of all services for you to submit to your insurance company. If services are requested beyond the packages, prices are listed below. Packages need to be purchased prior to other individual services rendered. If you have any further questions, visit our FAQ page or feel free to contact us!
60 minute Board Certified Pediatrician Visit
- Initial Visit:
- Review of Maternal, Pregnancy, Delivery and Newborn History
- Assessment of Newborn
- Evaluation and Treatment of Newborn
- Assistance in Maternal Feeding Goals for the Newborn
- Review of Safe Sleep Practices
- Review of Maternal Wellness
*If the Pediatrician assesses that additional home visits are needed during the two weeks of newborn care and evaluation, the visits will be at no additional cost.
30 minute Maternal Counselor Phone Call
- Edinburg Screening for Maternal Depression
- Evaluation of Maternal Wellness
- I highly recommend NayaCare for anyone who is either struggling with breastfeeding or just needs some additional help and guidance. Getting the opportunity to work with Dr. Patel was truly a life saver to our family. Without her providing in-home care to us during a time when our baby was most vulnerable, we would have had to put her in potentially harmful situations to her. I also would have likely given up on breastfeeding and would never have known the incredible joy that comes with it. It is also reassuring to know that Dr. Patel is always willing to talk with me if I have questions or need additional help. Having Dr. Patel there to support us through our first several weeks at home made all of the difference in the world. Not only is Dr. Patel incredibly experienced and knowledgeable, she also cares deeply about her clients and their success. It is apparent that she is passionate about providing quality, in-home care to infants, mothers and families. - Stephanie G.
- I was referred to Dr. Patel via my pediatrician because of her qualifications as a physician and vast experience including being a mom of multiple kiddos! She has a calm approach that gave me answers and the positive reassurance to not give up on nursing! I am a doctor as well and found her to be a great balance of nurturing yet scientific. I would recommend her for the many mother and child services she offers. - Amanda S.